Monday, November 15, 2010

Christmas 2010 Dinner Menu, Hmmmm


Being a new vegan (more specifically a nutritarian-vegan), I'm endeavoring to exclude all meat and dairy products (a.k.a. animal products) from our Christmas feasting. This makes recipe testing a necessary part of the preparations.

My first test was finding a vegan pumpkin pie. Yes it includes sugar (something we now avoid like the plague), but it'll be a special occasion. I decided to take a chance on Vegan Spoonful's absolutely delicious Homestyle Vegan Pumpkin Pie! This one is a keeper!! Even my teens loved it! Tastes just like you'd expect pumpkin pie to taste! The only thing I did differently was add a little nutmeg and allspice. Other than that it's sheer perfection!

The crust recipe is Dr. Fuhrman's Oat Crust. Though it is admirable, I plan to try No Roll, Never Fail, Press-In Pie Crust (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free & More) for a different texture.

OH, before I forget, we topped the pie off with a vegan whipped cream. Most recipes online include tofu and none of them had enough reviews to inspire me to try them. In the end I went with Everydaydish.TV's recipe for Vegan Whipped Cream. Oh me oh my!!!!!!!! It's the one!!

Here's the video of how to make it. I only made a half batch.


Not a good photo here, but this is how it looks below. It has the same consistency as whipped cream but thicker and creamier. It's heavenly! Yum!

...and people think vegans only eat vegetables and fruit...LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment